Quandel Consultants is an engineering firm specializing in planning and designing transportation facilities. We are currently working on multiple transportation projects in various phases of development, including planning, environmental clearance, preliminary design, final design, and construction. We are seeking structural engineers in our St. Charles/Geneva office.
Job Duties: Under the direction of the company principals and our public and private sector clients, the candidate will be responsible for the design of transportation structures.
Specific job duties may include:
- Design of transportation structures including highway and railroad bridges, retaining walls, and box culverts under the supervision of the Chief Structural Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in transportation-related structures
- Professional Engineer’s License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good people, relationship, and networking skills
- An IDOT approved NBIS Team leader certification is preferred
- Familiar with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Micro-station and structural design software (MDX, ConSpan, L-pile) is preferred.