Quandel Consultants is an engineering firm specializing in planning and designing transportation facilities. We are currently working on multiple transportation projects in various phases of development, including planning, environmental clearance, preliminary design, final design, and construction. We are seeking civil engineers in either our Chicago or St. Charles/Geneva office.
Job Duties: The candidate will work on one or more engineering teams under the direction of an experienced task leader or project manager to support our public and private sector clients with the planning, design, and construction of highway and rail transportation facilities.
Specific job duties may include:
- Design of highway projects under the supervision of the Chief Civil Engineer
- Design of transportation facilities projects advancing through the environmental clearance process, and ensuring project compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) under the supervision of the Chief Civil Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 0 to 7 years’ experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good people, relationship, and networking skills
- Familiar with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
Helpful Skills and Experience:
- Experience with CAD software such as ARCGIS, Autocad, Bentley Microstation, Railtrack or Geopak
- Prior experience working with freight railroads
- Familiarity with AREMA design standards